Style.

Textile Design Student, UK

florencehamm@hotmail.com

Monday 26 December 2011

Narrow/Wide/Dull/Shiny

Japan July 2011


The idea of collections was discussed in a lecture so I collected visual research that also linked with my chosen, opposing words.








Initial observations of narrow and wide objects




A combination of machine and hand stitch on wool. I like this response but it's too literal.

So i started to break it down by exploring the colours of the bottles/jars rather than the  literal aspects

The opacity of the bottles is symbolized by the silk sample on this response













3D prototypes out of card. Exploring the idea of polyhedra. I have produced small and large models to help me develop my skills as I am not usually a 3D maker but I feel these prototypes could be made into final pieces with different matierials. Maybe printed asetate to convey my idea of translucency.

No comments:

Post a Comment